zoexrider

The Zoe Zone

Zoe loves books, writes horror, erotica and erotic romance, and can be found as close to the stage as possible at small clubs across the Southeastern U.S., rocking the fuck out to her favorite bands.

Under the name Holden Wells, she has published several short stories in gay erotica anthologies. One of these—Roughing It—has been revised and expanded into a novella and is now available in print and ebook format. The sequel to Roughing It will be coming out in 2014. A number of short stories featuring the same characters are also in the works, the first of which, "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love," was released in ebook format in October 2013.

Zoe has also written a novel and a long story (both erotic romance) as Zoe X. Rider, both of which are currently seeking publication. In the meantime, she is working on a couple horror novels and a sequel to the erotic romance novel.

The Final Descent
Inescapable
Mina Kelly
Easy Ryder
Deanna Wadsworth
Stranded - Andrew  Grey I wish they had rating system where I could choose "poor mismatch between book and reader" rather having to select a star.

I read the first line in this book's description - "Kendall Monroe is handcuffed to a car in the desert" and my hand went immediately to my wallet. This book sounded like my soul mate! Here I was ready, for an m/m thriller version of Gerald's Game, with the main character spending the majority of the book cuffed to a car and trying to use his wits to survive. What I got was around 3200 words of Kendall Monroe sitting in a car not doing a whole helluva lot of trying to get himself out of the car, and 60,000+ words of Kendall Monroe's Boyfriend Is An Ass (And Possibly Cheating On Him), the minutia of signing up for and making a movie, How Much of a Mr. Know-It-All-Because-I've-Acted-On-Stage Kendall Monroe Can Be, a lot of flashbacks to happier days between Kendall and Johnny, Kendall Monroe's superfast healing powers (back on set and filming in no time after two days in a closed-up car in the hot dessert!).

This might be a great book for someone who can get into the angst of the Kendall/Johnny relationship, someone who's looking for a story about can they or can't they regain the spark of their early days together. It's not a good book for someone who was excited to read about a guy who's been handcuffed to a car in the dessert.