zoexrider

The Zoe Zone

Zoe loves books, writes horror, erotica and erotic romance, and can be found as close to the stage as possible at small clubs across the Southeastern U.S., rocking the fuck out to her favorite bands.

Under the name Holden Wells, she has published several short stories in gay erotica anthologies. One of these—Roughing It—has been revised and expanded into a novella and is now available in print and ebook format. The sequel to Roughing It will be coming out in 2014. A number of short stories featuring the same characters are also in the works, the first of which, "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love," was released in ebook format in October 2013.

Zoe has also written a novel and a long story (both erotic romance) as Zoe X. Rider, both of which are currently seeking publication. In the meantime, she is working on a couple horror novels and a sequel to the erotic romance novel.

The Final Descent
Inescapable
Mina Kelly
Easy Ryder
Deanna Wadsworth
Prince of Thorns - Mark  Lawrence I was really pretty sure as I started reading this book that I wasn't going to continue reading this book. The first few chapters were pages of unlikeable characters doing unlikeable things--and Jorg was the worst of it. What a giant jerkoff.

At some point--I'm not sure where exactly, but early enough in my reading to catch me before I set the book aside and moved onto something more promising--Jorg crept under my skin. And Makin Bortha. And the Nuban.

After the first few chapters, the book got its hooks in me. The read made for a very enjoyable weekend. There was a reason for everything, nothing was necessarily as it first appeared, and the characters--as well as the story--were more complex and interesting than I'd expected from the opening. I even bounced with glee once or twice as the story went along.

King of Thorns is officially on my to-acquire list. I have my fingers crossed that Mark Lawrence (and Jorg) can pull off the magic twice.

In the meantime, I've been recommending it to select friends, the ones most likely to appreciate such a dark and twisted story.