zoexrider

The Zoe Zone

Zoe loves books, writes horror, erotica and erotic romance, and can be found as close to the stage as possible at small clubs across the Southeastern U.S., rocking the fuck out to her favorite bands.

Under the name Holden Wells, she has published several short stories in gay erotica anthologies. One of these—Roughing It—has been revised and expanded into a novella and is now available in print and ebook format. The sequel to Roughing It will be coming out in 2014. A number of short stories featuring the same characters are also in the works, the first of which, "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love," was released in ebook format in October 2013.

Zoe has also written a novel and a long story (both erotic romance) as Zoe X. Rider, both of which are currently seeking publication. In the meantime, she is working on a couple horror novels and a sequel to the erotic romance novel.

The Final Descent
Inescapable
Mina Kelly
Easy Ryder
Deanna Wadsworth
The Jigsaw Man - Gord Rollo Fantastic cover, intriguing premise, average writing, villains too over the top for my taste.

What I liked (besides the cover art, which is what got me to the cash register with this book in the first place): Gord Rollo wasn't afraid to raise the stakes against the protagonist. Think of the most vulnerable position imaginable for a character to be in and you probably haven't come close to imagining Mike's predicament.

What I didn't like: Oh man I wish the villains had been drawn more subtly. They're nothing more than caricatures here, acting just to serve plot and raise eyebrows. This would have been an incredible book if the antagonists had been handled more deftly. As it stands it's just your average pulp horror novel.